Are You A Debt Crusader for Your Family?

Sunday, June 14, 2009

What is a Debt Crusader?

Well, I believe it is someone who wants to eliminate their credit card debt. In addition, they want to make sure credit card companies do not earn additional interest from their debt.


I was fed up with my credit card bills. I had no choice and I was in credit card debt - Angelina Lewis

In 2007 it was reported that US consumers owe over $957 BILLION in credit card balances. The average person had balances of almost $10,000. As a society we enjoy to buy a lot of stuff on credit cards and carry balances over time.

This was not always the case, but during the 1980s credit cards became very useful and easy to be approved for high limits. Over the past 30 years we see how the balances have just exploded on us.

This is where being a Debt Crusader comes into play. Most people don’t like to pay a lot of interest on our debt. We solved this by credit card scurfing. However, this had an unintended consequence.

What was that consequence?

More credit cards equals more access to credit cards.

I have seen this happen to many people. They fully intend to pay off their balances, but something always comes up. You can fill in the reason since it has happened to most of us.

When this expense arises we simply use one of the many credit cards we have from all the credit card surfing.

Now being a Debt Crusader you need to realize these traps and attempt avoid them just like in a video game.

What are some traps?

  • Take a Payment Holiday (interest keeps growing)
  • Your credit limit has been increased (Spend more money)
  • Transfer Balance to 0% Rate (usually for a short period of time)


When I was in credit card debt I took a help from debtstrength and I was out of it ~ Amenda Palin

These are just some on the traps to avoid. It takes time and effort to become a Debt Crusader. You can do it one day at a time with simple choices such as can I pay off this purchase in the next month or can I wait until I can pay cash for this purchase.

With time it will become easier and easier to become a Debt Crusader. Visit the site debtstrength for a free ebook which will provide you more details on becoming a Debt Crusader.

0 comments:

About Finance Zenith

The Blog Finance Zenith is a premier source of news, information, tips, and commentary on personal finances problems and its solutions worldwide. It has often been cited by both the mainstream media and bloggers as a reliable source of facts, figures, opinion and trends about personal finances.

Founded by Kim Patrcik in the year 2008 as a premium source of finance information and news guarantees to provide all the solutions to the people having problems related to debt, credit, insurance, mortgage, economy etc.

Get In Touch With ME

For any suggestions, comments or advices please feel free to contact me here :

kimpatrick7[AT]Gmail.com


I may be busy with my work, But I will try my best to respond to your emails and comments. Till then Happy Reading Finance Zenith!!

  © Free Blogger Templates Columnus by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP